Thursday, June 15, 2017

Summer Drink, my favorite Packaged Buttermilk

You must be enjoying your summers and desperately waiting for rains.  If you are in south India pre-monsoon has already begin and weather must have started to cool down.
.
Recently I had a visit to Delhi and it was HOT! Bangalore feels like a hill station to me now.

This summer, I consumed lot of packaged butter milk and I though of trying other brands as well. Honestly my first and last choice was Amul Masti but if we look around there are other products which are worth trying.

I will write down about following three products





The contenders and content

Value Per 100 g/Product
Mother Dairy
Parag
Amul Masti
Energy
10 Kcal
Not printed
29.3 Kcal
Protien
1.1 g
2.5 g
1.7 g
Carbohydrates
1.4 g
Not printed
2.3 g
Sugar
0.0 g
Not printed
0 g
Fat
0.9 g
1 g
1.5 g
Saturated
Not printed
0.6 g
1 g
Trans Fat
Not printed
0.1 g
0.1 g
Calcium
45 mg
20 mg
Not printed
Sodium
Not printed
500 mg
Not printed






Amul (http://www.amul.com/products/amul-pouchbuttermilk-info.php

Cost: 12 Rs
Packing: Tetra Pack
Quantity: 200 ml
My recommendation: Yes, I liked the spicy taste and is similar to Mother dairy. Well spiced and have a creamy taste.

Mother Dairy (https://www.motherdairy.com/Product/2)

Cost: 12 Rs
Packing: Bottle
Quantity: 200 ml

My recommendation: Yes, I liked the spicy taste.

Parag (http://www.paragmilkfoods.com/go-buttermilk.php)

Cost: 12 Rs
Packing: Tetra Pack
Quantity: 200 ml
My recommendation: No, it has a bland taste. Even though it says spicy but not worth the taste.

I also will recommend Paper Boat (http://www.paperboatdrinks.com/). 



In India, Buttermilk is such a basic product that none of the manufacturers can go wrong. Every (most...) household in India knows how to make it.  
A product can be out of market if do not have a balanced taste and right spices.

Enjoy your butter milk, but prefer to have a fresh product rather packaged one.




6 comments:

Let me know what do you think about this post